- I would have never gotten the home perm in 6th grade. That was a big mistake. And, thank you, Kurt Tjardes, for asking if I stuck my finger in a light socket. Forgiveness is not one of my strong points, and as I may have mentioned to you at our 20th reunion, those words are still burning in my ears all these years later.
- I would not have tried to run, down a small hill, to chorus, in Dr. Scholl's shoes. The wipe out was quite painful. Luckily no one saw me and the pain of my hair distracted me from the pain of the fall.
- I would not have worried obsessively about not having a boyfriend. It clearly was not the end of the world.
- I would have worked harder to overcome my shyness. Other people can mistake shyness for being a stuck-up bitch, and I think many people may have been confused. Honestly, I was just shy.
- I would have definitely taken more risks. I was (as I said) shy and very conservative.
- I would not have taken myself so seriously. It was high school, for crying out loud. I have had a long time to be serious, I didn't need to start then.
- I really wish my introduction to alcohol was not Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine. I wish I would have waited until I could have afforded (and legally purchased) a "closer to the top shelf" wine.
- I wish I would have appreciated the body I had rather than trying to hide it under knock-off Izod polo shirts. Now I appreciate it, but the girls are only where they belong when I shell out $90 for a bra from the "bra whisperer." A girl's body changes after 20 years and 3 children. I really wish I would have appreciated my power back when I had it.
So yes, I've had some regrets, but they really aren't that major I guess. Lucky me!