Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday!

Ten Mother's Days ago, Don and I brought home our first bundle of joy. I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day. The weather was beautiful. Ryan was healthy. We were thrilled to be parents.

Ten years later, we have 2 more boys, 2 dogs, a new house, and a new country of residence. And now, I finally start a blog to chronicle some our adventures and misadventures in our new home.

I was invited to a "Muffins for Mom" breakfast for Owen's kindergarten class. It was a garden-themed breakfast and we were told to dress in our finest. So, since I rarely have the opportunity to dress up in my VIP role of stay-at-home mom, I was thrilled to put on my "Sunday Best". I even found an awesome sun hat when I was shopping at the outlet mall a few weeks ago. I was going to look like I would be at home at either a Derby Day party or a Muffins for Mom breakfast...until Owen took one look at the hat and said "No, mom. You can't wear that. You will embarass me." This, from my 6 year old. I find it so ironic that two hours later, he and I were attempting to buy some groceries at Loblaw's (my new favorite grocery store), and he started chanting "Can we go? Can we go? Can we go? Canwego?Canwego?Canwego?" over and over and over. Yeah, right. I embarass you with a hat, but your behavior makes me look cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment