There was a most unfortunate incident involving Tilex Mold & Mildew and my chocolate brown bathroom rug from Restoration Hardware. Never leave a spray bottle of Tilex on an expensive rug. It will tip over and do this:
It completely bleached the rug and ate through the fibers as well...the bleached spot is not as thick as it was. (Of course, if you leave a spray bottle of Tilex on a cheap rug from Target, it will remain upright and the rug and the Tilex will be fine.)
The incident got me thinking: if Tilex does this to a rug, what is it doing to my lungs? That's when I decided I'd had enough with toxic chemicals (except Clorox Bleach and Clorox Wipes - I have 3 boys and a husband, all with bad aim when it comes to peeing in the toilet...I need Clorox Wipes). So I've switched to some green products, including Martha Stewart's Bathroom Cleaning Spray. The bottle says to spray down the shower every day, then rinse. The first day, I sprayed the shower then got ready to rinse. I have the handy dandy shower head that you can take off the wall and spray where you want (the good Catholic in me cannot fathom why you would need to do this or where you would possibly spray it, but it does come in handy to spray off the cleaning product). This seemed to work well until I accidentally dropped the sprayer, which of course landed with the sprayer facing up. Well, if my ceiling was dirty, it isn't anymore.
From now on, greening is not enough. I need people to clean my bathroom. I wonder if I can convince Don that this is something I need or if I can convince him to clean the bathroom? I'm thinking no to both.